The Black Box (visual library):
The Black Box is an ongoing collection video interviews of black elders, professionals, young people and others who are invested in our community. It was conceived in 2005 as learning tool for the world of black people.
The function of the Black Box is to:
- Convey the powerful humanity of black people through video.
- Offer a visual voice for our views, advice, affirmations and truths.
- Enhance existing text articles in our website.
- Support the oral traditions that are the trademark of black people.
- Spotlight un-stereotypical interpretations of who we are.
Help us to keep the Black Box rich in new content and visit with people from all walks of life around the country. We need your support!