The Black Box
The Black Box is an ongoing collection video narratives of black elders, professionals, young people and others who are invested in our community. It was conceived in 2005 as an education and learning tool for the world of black people.
The function of the Black Box is to:
- Convey the powerful humanity of black people through video.
- Offer a visual voice for our views, advice, affirmations and truths.
- Enhance existing text articles in our website.
- Support the oral traditions that are the trademark of black people.
- Spotlight un-stereotypical interpretations of who we are.
Thomas Ridley Jr. Docent at the Madame C.J.Walker Museum and Theater shares the second of 4 parts to the story of America's first African American woman millionaire
Search The Black Box